That would have to be Brian, the Brain, as out of all the character that is the one that I can readily indentify with and could actually have been at that point in my life.
My favourite character is Antony Michael Hall’s Brian as he is the most like me.
I first saw The Breakfast Club as part of my media studies course at college in about 1990. It has always stuck in my mind from then and when I watch it takes me back to those days which were a good point for me.
Starting from tomorrow I am doing this little challenge that I found online. I will try and do one post a day, if I can.
1. When did you first see the Breakfast Club?
2. Who’s your favourite character?
3. Which character do you relate to most?
4. Recast the movie to your favourite actors. Who would play what?
5. What’s your favourite scene?
6. Who’s your least favourite charater?
7. Assign each of the ‘labels’ to some of your friends. The jock, the basketcase, etc.
8. Which one of the characters would you hang out with for a day?
9. How would you feel if someone remade the Breakfast Club?
10. Which character do you relate to the least?
11. Take an analytical stance. What do you think the movie means in a metaphorical sense?
12. What’s your favourite quote?
13. Do you think The Breakfast Club is more of a Comedy or a Drama?
14. What’s your favourite paring/ship?
15. What does the Breakfast Club mean to you?
What is the most important thing that you ever learned? (I bet it’s not something you learned in school)
Not too take anything in life for granted be it friends, partners, jobs, good time etc as they can all be taken away from you at no notice at all and that is why I try my best to cherish all of these things nowadays.
What feeds your enthusiasm for life?
Helping people less fortunate than myself. Yes it is my job but it is so rewarding when people come in to the office with a problem and then leave feeling a whole lot better than when they came in. It is a real buzz.
What’s your most memorable (good or bad) airplane commercial or private flight?
I have only been on one flight in my life and that was only a short hop from Manchester to Norwich. It was however not uneventful as I got frisked on my way to the plane which was not a good experience for my first trip on a plane. I haven’t been on a plane since. Not for that reason however I just haven’t.
If you were a great explorer, what would you explore?
Somewhere in outer space I think.